With 2017 almost coming to an end, we take a look at What Movies to Expect in 2018. We have shared with you hundreds of trailers to give you a sneak peek into the future, and it wouldn’t be wrong to say that the coming year looks really promising. While there’s the DCEU lineup that’s still busy trying to establish its niche, there is the MCU’s stronghold that is trying to wrap its amazing cinematic storyline.
Then there are some really good books that have been adapted already, not to mention some really good horror movies waiting to give you the chills. Let’s not forget the gaming movies like Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One or the insanely popular Tomb Raider that are also dabbing their throttles.
The lineup for what movies to expect in 2018 already sounds cool!
What Movies to Expect in 2018
Check out the list of what movies to expect in 2018:
- Insidious: The Last Key: The year is going to take off with the fourth chapter in the Insidious series. It looks horrifying as hell.
- The Commuter: Liam Neeson will return to kicking ass, contradicting his statements on stopping with all the action flicks.
- 12 Strong: Chris Hemsworth takes a break from being Thor to star in a Nicolai Fuglsig movie.
- Den of Thieves: Gerard Butler is the good guy who plays the bad guy. Beware enemies you don’t want to face this kind of twisted.
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure: The third installment of the James Dashner novel. Dylan O’Brien is still running!
- A Fantastic Woman: Already winning the critical world, Sebastian Lelio’s next is a girl in grief. Daniela Vega is a fantastic woman.
- Winchester: The House that Ghosts Built: This Spierig brothers horror should not be missed for the sheer fact of how good their movies are.
- The 15:17 to Paris: This Clint Eastwood movie is based on Dorothy Blyskal’s autobiography and is literally built on patriotism.
- Fifty Shades Freed: The steamy life continues for Anastasia Steele as sequels keep releasing.
- Peter Rabbit: Relive this twisty slapstick tale of a forgotten Rabbit from the fairyland.
- Black Panther: The first Marvel flick of the year that might give us a glimpse into the world of Avengers on what is about to go down.
- Early Man: Aardman Animations gives us their next stop motion animation wonder after making the relentless Shaun the Sheep movie three years ago.
- Game Night: A light comedy to tickle your bones the movie will see Jason Bateman with Rachel McAdams.
- Annihilation: How can you forget Alex Garland after Ex Machina? His next is an equally intriguing adventure starring Natalie Portman.
- Red Sparrow: The Lawrence connection will happen once again with Red Sparrow next year based on the novel by Jason Matthews.
- Death Wish: If you have been missing the badass action hero Bruce Willis, your end waits now.
- Alpha: The Book of Eli director comes with an intriguing tale that’s set some 20000 years ago starring a wolf.
- A Wrinkle in Time: Why would Disney stand by and watch? They have their own set of films hitting theatres next year with A Wrinkle in Time standing in the forefront in March.
- Tomb Raider: Finding the Lara Croft of the 21st century, Alicia Vikander is the girl of everyone’s dreams. This movie will see her resurrect the long lost gaming franchise.
- 7 Days in Entebbe: Jose Padilha of Narcos fame brings us a story based on the 1976 plane hijacking.
- Pacific Rim Uprising: After five long years the sequel finally arrives. Is it really possible to miss this?
- Isle of Dogs: Can you really miss any of Wes Anderson’s amazing experimental movies?
- Ready Player One: Steven Spielberg, the name is enough! The popular book has found a perfect fit.
- Mary Magdalene: Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix are all set to deliver their best performances
- A Quiet Place: If you have been thinking horror movies are being monotonous, check out its trailer. Do not make any noise though!
- You Were Never Really Here: The Joaquin Phoenix crime movie has already started making noise in its screenings.
- The New Mutants: The age of the new mutant peeps is already here.
- Avengers: Infinity Wars: C’mon! Can we really overlook this? Thanos will show who the daddy is after all.
29. Slender Man: People waiting for this haunted affair are going to rejoice when the slender man gets loose.
30. Solo: A Star Wars Story: A spinoff on Star Wars one of the most loved characters. Han Solo will be played by Alden Ehrenreich. The movie is directed by Ron Howard.
- Deadpool 2: The merc with the mouth will be back this time with Cable to show us a great time.
- Ocean’s 8: The legacy continues with the bloodline. Sandra Bullock is the Ocean here and she is on the lookout for a team.
- Incredibles 2: Didn’t we wait enough for a sequel? Come already!
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: The sequel to Jurassic World is going to be here. Let the dinosaurs rule the world again!
- Sicario2: Soldado: The sequel to the extraordinary Denis Villeneuve movie! Shut up and take my money!
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: So we had been missing the Ant Man for a while now. This one promises to take the adventure further.
- The Nun: Get ready for nightmares! The Nun from the Conjuring universe will show up in July.
- Alita: Battle Angel: From the renowned producer James Cameron and director Robert Rodriguez comes the insanely popular manga series.
- Mission Impossible 6: Missions will never cease to exist in the popular MI franchise. Yet another installment by Christopher McQuarrie.
- The Equalizer 2: Denzel Washington reprises his role as the badass assassin.
- The Predator: No generation of movies is complete without a Predator movie. Ours is going to hit in July.
- Robin Hood: Another version of the classic tale of Robin Hood with Taron Egerton in the lead.
- Goosebumps: Horror Land: Jack Black reprises his role in the universe of R.L. Stine books.
- Smallfoot: The animated movie with a different take on the fantastical world of big foots.
- Venom: Can’ t see Tom Hardy enough! Welcome the badass villain from Spidey’s world.
- First Man: Damien Chazelle plays tribute to the real life hero Neil Armstrong.
- Mowgli: Can’t get enough of The Jungle Book? Andy Serkis’ take on the famous story is darker than you think.
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix: The next from the X-Men’s franchise. Let Jean Grey rise from the ashes again!
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: Another Disney movie based on the popular fairy tale.
- Holmes and Watson: A comedy to lighten up the popular Arthur Conan Doyle series starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: The next in the Fantastic Beasts series.
- Creed 2: Jordan takes the legacy forward with Sylvester Stallone by his side. The sequel to the amazing boxing flick Creed.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It-Ralph 2: The sequel to the Rich Moore animated flick set six years after.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The animated take on Spidey’s world which has been in production for a while releases in December.
- Mortal Engines: Peter Jackson eyes another big project – the Philip Reeve novel. One of those movies What movies to expect in 2018 list
- Aquaman: With a glimpse into the water world in Justice League, the story of Arthur Curry has already found its foundation.
- Bumblebee: Travis Knight to resurrect the Transformers spinoff single-handedly with John Cena in the lead.
- Mary Poppins Returns: A musical to end the year in style, Mary Poppins the magical nanny finally returns.
The list of What Movies to Expect in 2018 is actually huge, but these are the ones to really look out for. If we have missed a movie that you are excited to see, post it in the comments section below and it will be included.
Check out more interesting facts in our blog section.